The Boston Bruins appear to be the consensus pick by many to win the Stanley Cup. The Rangers may be that one dark-horse team to win it all. My pick: Bruins over Sharks in the finals.
1. Bruins – Appear to be ready to go the distance, but the Red Wings will be a tough first-round opponent.
2. Ducks – The club deserved the top-seed in the West.
3. Avs – Could be the surprise team this season.
4. Sharks – Tomas Hertl improves their chances.
5. Penguins – Getting healthy just in time.
6. Lightning – May have a major question in the goal.
7. Blackhawks – Will Towes & Kane’s return be enough?
8. Blues – Can they regain their winning ways in time to advance?
9. Kings – The lack of offense is a concern vs. Sharks.
10. Canadiens – Another team with offense concerns.
11. Wild – Bryzgalov has been very good in the goal.
12. Rangers – Good enough to be labeled a dark-horse contender.
13. Flyers – Made the playoffs after a slow start.
14. Blue Jackets – Can Ryan Johnson lead them out of the first-round?
15. Red Wings – Despite numerous injuries, the club is back in the hunt.
16. Stars – Their first playoff appearance in years may be short lived.